Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Multiple I-20 forms

One of the most frequently asked question regarding I-20 is
"Can I have multiple I-20 forms ?" or "How many I-20 forms can I request"

It is absolutely fine to have multiple I-20 from multiple universities/schools. But you need to use only one of them when applying for Visa. If you have multiple I-20 forms, select the I-20 issued by the university which you have selected to attend. Use the information from this selected I-20 while paying the SEVIS fees and while filling up the DS-160 forms and also when attending the visa interview.

One of readers asked this question :
Each university sets an official deadline when post (acceptance) notification to applicants. It might be the case that university X’s deadline is 15-20th march. However the applicant may still wait to hear from some better ranked universities. Now, if he sends “accept” acknowledgment to X, X will process sending I-20. Now suppose another university Y responses positively (Y is preferred to X), and applicant now accepts this offer too. Now 2 universities post two I-20 for the same applicant. Does it make any problem when the applicant faces the US Embassy? I’m really worried about it.

No need worry about this scenario. Select only one of the I-20 and use it for your visa application.

No comments:

Post a Comment